Wednesday 1 July 2015

Kickstarter Watch - One. Two. Twelve.

Not the typical Kickstarter I mention - this one's an art-relaed Kickstarter from my good friend Tim's wife, who is .... kinda talented :D

I'll let her explain:
Hello, my name is Jackie Duckworth. I am an artist and illustrator based near Cambridge. 
As an illustrator, I love working to a brief - taking a client’s ideas or words and finding ways to make them into an image. But as an artist, it is also important to spend time on developing my skills, my artistic vision, by working on my own projects.
I want you to come on a journey with me, to see a year through my eyes. I want to be able to respond to images and turn them into ideas. I want to show you how I think, photograph, sketch and make work. And I want to share that with you, in an affordable way. 
My project is to make 12 hand printed linocut postcards, one per month. Each one will respond to a place that I have visited, a person I have met, or an event I have been to. I will choose all kinds of different of subjects and interpretations, challenging myself by compressing my ideas into such a tiny format.  
She also says:
Two of the events I am going to illustrate are the Folk Festival, and the Battle of Waterloo re-enactment, if you have a particular interest in either of those.
It's lovely work - go treat yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...