Thursday 3 July 2014

"Centenary: Words and Music of the Great War"

As some of you may be aware, one of my other major hobbies is music, both playing and listening. I love it when I can tie my hobbies together (wargaming and photography being a major one, as is wargaming and writing). Hence I was more than a bit pleased when this popped up on my radar:


"Centenary: Words And Music Of The Great War" is an album by roots/folk group Show of Hands (who, if you're at all into folk you really owe it to yourself to check out), with Jim Carter (Downton Abbey) and Imelda Staunton. The band provide the music, the actors readings of World War 1 inspired poems, both familiar and less so.

My copy's on its way. I fail to see how, given the people behind it, it will be anything short of awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Mine arrived on Sunday - Amazon pre-order.

    Really good. I definitely recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...